Timeuk.com Terms And Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions for the sale of goods, which apply to and govern any contract, which we enter into with you. Please read them carefully. An offer to buy goods is conclusive evidence of your acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- We will treat each order for goods as an offer by you to buy them subject to these terms and conditions.
- We have the right at our discretion not to accept any order. If we do not supply goods for any reason we will not charge you for them and we will refund any money already paid for them. We will not compensate you for any other loss, which you may suffer if we do not supply goods.
- If we elect to accept your order we will notify you accordingly in writing. It is only when you receive such notification that a binding contract is concluded with you on these terms and conditions.
- The price for the goods will be as quoted on our web site at the time you place your order, but we reserve the right to remedy an obvious mistake in pricing by charging a proper commercial price to rectify such a mistake.
- Prices quoted on our web site are both inclusive and exclusive of value added tax (vat), but in neither case do they include delivery and insurance charges. If you reside in the European Union you will pay the vat.
- Goods are subject to availability and delay in delivery of goods is sometimes out of our control. All delivery dates are quoted in good faith. In the event that delivery cannot be made within 30 days, we will contact you to discuss alternative arrangements. You have the right to withdraw from the contract at this stage.
- As soon as the goods have been delivered you will be responsible for them. Delivery is deemed to take place when the goods are delivered to the address nominated by you. However, you will only own the goods when we have received payment for them in full.
- We are prepared to offer a full refund on any goods purchased, providing written confirmation is received by us within 7 working days of you receiving the goods. Following this confirmation, the goods must be returned to us within 14 working days of receipt. If we do not receive the goods back, or evidence that they have been dispatched to us, we will deem that you have accepted the goods and no longer wish to cancel the order. We can collect goods on your behalf if you agree to pay for the costs of the collection. Proof of postage is not proof of delivery. Responsibility and cost of returning the goods to us shall rest with you with, except where substitute goods have been provided; We will cover the cost of returning substitute goods. We cannot however, accept the return of software or other recorded material unless the goods are faulty.
- Customers purchasing several items or bundled items at the same time may ask for a complete refund or exchange on any item that is faulty. However, this does not entitle the customer to a full refund on goods that are not faulty, but were purchased at the same time. However, all goods can be returned under the terms of our 14 day money back scheme at the customers discretion. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If goods are delivered to you in a damaged condition or are faulty on arrival, you must inform Customer Services as soon as possible (within 7 days). If however you do not inform us within a reasonable period of time we will have no liability for the goods in question. Where goods are damaged or faulty on arrival, they will collected inspected and repaired, replaced or refunded if they do not fall within manufacturers specifications; this does not affect your statutory rights. Goods that we find working to manufacturers specifications will be returned to you and the cost of the carriage charged to your account.
- All goods must be returned to us with their original packaging. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- All goods are supplied with a return to base manufacturers warranty, which will vary in length but is normally 12 months. If within the warranty period (but outside the first 7 days) the goods supplied by us become defective, please refer to the user manual and follow the instructions for contacting the manufacturer and reporting it or contact Customer Services. If you have not purchased an additional support package, you will be responsible for returning the goods to us at your cost. Alternatively we can collect them from your home and charge you the carriage costs involved. All warranties offered are in addition to your statutory rights as a consumer.
- If you order software from us we will supply it together with a license for its use from the publisher of the software. You are required to comply with the terms of the license.
- Opened software will not be accepted for refund unless the goods are faulty. A 25% restocking fee will apply where returned software is found not to be faulty. Exchanges are normally provided for faulty discs.
- If you wish to return non-faulty goods after 7 days, this can be done at our discretion and in accordance with our returns policy after first obtaining an RMA number from Customer Services. There will be carriage costs plus a restocking charge of 20% for returning such goods.
- Goods returned to us remain at your risk until booked into our returns department. We recommend that when returning goods that adequate insurance is taken out to cover any loss or damage that may occur during transit. We will not be held liable for any such loss or damage.
- Refunds, once authorised are usually processed within 7 working days
(unless we are awaiting goods to be returned by you in which case they will
be processed when they have been checked and booked into our returns
department). Please note once we have processed your credit, your issuing
bank may not be aware of the transaction for up to 7 working days. In
certain circumstances, the refunds process may take up to a maximum of 28
- Goods, which we have agreed to exchange or refund, will be actioned within 3 days of our receiving them (subject to stock availability). Please allow up to 10 working days from the date you return the goods to us, for delivery of the exchanged goods. If you wish to enquire on the status of the exchange after this period please call Customer Services on 0870 122 4301 with your RMA number, or email them at the address given on the contacts page. We take care to keep our web site accurate and up-to-date but you should check the accuracy of information presented on our web site before using it. We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you from any use of information presented on our web site.
- Trademarks and logos displayed on our web site may not be reproduced, downloaded or used by you in any manner.
- Unless specified, we do not provide DVD copy software with the product.
- Delay or failure by us to exercise any of our rights under these terms and conditions should not be regarded as a waiver of them, nor will any single exercise of such rights preclude any other or further exercise of them.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and appropriate notice will be provided on this site of any such changes.
Our returns policy is available on request from Customer Services, TIMEUK.COM, Digital World Group Ltd, Time Technology Park, Blackburn Rd, Burnley, Lancashire. BB12 7TW The contents of our web site are for customers who are 18 years old and above only.
Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
v2 04-07 www.timeuk.com © 2007. All trademarks acknowledged. TIME and TIME MACHINE are registered trademark used under licence by Time UK.